Monday, October 19, 2009

The Ganns

Welcome to the blog for our family. We are the Ganns, consisting of Joey (dad), Deana (mom), Kristen (lovely teenage daughter), Jonathan (pre-teen son), and MaKenzie (the baby girl). With our ever so busy life, it seemed best to keep everyone up-to-date with our activities would be to create a blog.
To really begin our blog it only seems accurate to start with an introduction of our family:
Joey (the firefighter dad)-A dream came true in October, 2004 when Joey received the call of his life from the Fort Worth Fire Department. Since that date, he is proud (as I and the kids as well) to say he is a firefighter for the Fort Worth Fire Department!!!! He loves to play golf, trampoline football, backyard football, softball, and is actively involved in helping with any activities the kids are in. (except girl scouts, hehehe)
Deana-I currently work full-time for a District prosecutor as a legal assistant. The kids and Joey keep me busy. I guess you would say I am the typical soccer/softball/sport mom. The kids often think of me as their taxi as I transport them to school and activities daily. I am the co-leader of MaKenzie's girl scout troop and am trying to get a troop together for Kristen. Sometimes I wonder how I squeeze everything in.
Kristen-(typical teenager) She is the oldest of our children and sometimes, as older children tend to be, the most challenging. This year is her Freshman year in high school. Currently Kristen is a member of the Clifton High School Band.
Jonathan-(pre-teen) Being the middle child is definitely where he belongs, especially with an older and younger sister. I don't think I would have been able to handle a girl being my middle child. Football has been his life since he could walk. Heck, he started out being caught like a football. LOL Jon is glad he is finally in 7th grade football. Two weeks ago he came home and announced he had signed himself up for boy scouts. He also is a member of the Jr. High band.
MaKenzie- She is the baby girl of the family and tries to get away with everything she can. She is definitely daddy's little girl. Currently she is the child that takes up most of our time right now. Softball has consumed our family. She plays as pitcher on a select softball team in Waco called the Stingers.
Lady-Our precious dog given to us by Grady and Brandy. She was a stray they took in and later gave to us. So gentle and sweet, we could not have asked for a better natured pet.
Maxie Doodle Bug- The not so hyper Boston Terrier. Everyone is just amazed at how calm natured she is. The most interesting fact is she will not eat from your hand (at least not if I or Joey am around) nor will she eat from a plate lying on the floor. Having her around young children, we did not want her to take food from their hands. That is my biggest pet peeve with pets. So we trained her not to take food from anyone.
It is my goal to post at the end of each week the events and updates for our family. We'll see how that goes with the busy schedule. Hopefully, there will be pictures with each post.

No comments:

Post a Comment