This week was a busy one. October has been the busiest month for us. Thank God that we have received much rain to postpone some of our activities (softball) so that we could squeeze in some others.
Saturday/Sunday
Saturday was a busy day for us and Joey nor I could not be in all locations at the same time. Kristen was in Glen Rose at a band competition, I had girl scout camp training Saturday at Camp Kachina at Lake Belton, and of course Joey was working. As a firefighter family, that is generally the rule. When everything is happening, it is shift day for our firefighter. The band did great at competition and placed 1st all around. Kristen was so excited. I wish I could have been there to watch them. Camp training was great and I met several great ladies. It was so cold all day and that night. Thank God we had a break in the recent rains. He knew I would not be able to handle the day in the rain and cold. Jonathan and MaKenzie stayed the day with Nana and Grumpy (my parents) at the deer lease.
Sunday I got back home mid-day from camping. The younger two were still at my parents. Joey and Kristen were waiting for me at home. My parents wanted us to spend the afternoon at the deer lease with them, so we packed up and headed out. It was so cold and drizzly. I was so glad to see dad had a fire going.
Monday was a holiday for me and the kids and Joey was on his last day home from work. We all spent the day relaxing and resting. Since homecoming was approaching on Friday, I finished working on Kristen's mum.
Tuesday the regular rat races were on. It was single parent day with Joey at the firestation. After work, I rushed home to get MaKenzie ready and hit the door for softball practice. With the recent rains, our practice was held at the batting cages instead of the field. I was so glad to have been indoors out of the cold!!!! After practice, it was back to the house to feed kids and finish the days activities.
Wednesday was a nice relaxing evening at the house. Pitching lessons were cancelled due to the recent rains and the lanes had not dried out yet. Week 4 with no lessons!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment