Well Fall and Winter have come and gone without me posting. Time has escaped me and to be honest, I lost my login information. So glad to have been able to retrieve it and not have to start all over again.
It gets very busy around our house, and things that were ment to be done get pushed to the side.
Here is a brief update of the many important events with our family over the past few months of my absence.
Kristen went to the State Band Competition at the Alamodome in San Antonio where her school recieved 2nd in the State. It was an honor to see the accomplishments the band made. Everyone did a great job, and it showed. Kristen has also discovered a love for art. I can't wait to see what the future holds for her with her talents. She is now 15!!! Time flys when you are having fun. She has grown into a beautiful young lady. Sometimes I wish for that talkative 8 year old to return. Her Freshman year is comming to a close. 3 more years until a new door opens and she enters the world as an adult. I just want to hold on tight and not let go. You grow so much with your first child and learn so many things. Kristen has taught me a lot in parenting. I hope I haven't messed up too much.
Jonathan, well there's not much that he had going on the past few months. He discovered that he does not like to play basketball or run track. Football is his sport of choice. Hopefully next year he will grow into the other sports. I can't believe in just a few more weeks he will be 13. My baby boy soon to be a teenager. He no longer is my little boy. Finally he is taller than I. But as everyone knows, that doesn't take much.
MaKenzie, my baby girl. She keeps us busy with her softball. Between pitching lessons, practice and games, we have little time for ourselves. She finished the season strong with the Waco Stingers. The new year has brought change with a new team. She was too young to move to the next age bracket, so we changed teams. Winter brought a much needed break for her and us. Now that Spring is here, our calendar has filled up again. She decided to play league ball this season. It is a juggling act between the select schedule and pitching lessons. It will be interesting if we have our minds by the time Summer ends.
We all enjoyed a much needed Spring Break vacation in Pagosa Springs, CO. The kids enjoyed spending the week with their Uncle Stephen. From skiing to selding, we all had a blast. (photos to follow) The snow was AMAZING. The first couple of days were fun trying to walk in waist deep snow on the back lawn. We built snow forts and had snowball fights. MaKenzie, Stephen, Joey and Jonathan spent time on the mountain at Wolf Creek exploring new territory. Kristen and I enjoyed tackling ski lessons and the bunny slopes. MaKenzie is a skiing fool, keeping up with Stephen on the blacks. Pagosa Springs is quickly becomming one of our favorite vacation locations. I would love to go in the Summer and visit the many indian ruins and see the land without the snow. The mountains are so beautiful.
I must close now, and promise to attempt to keep at least updating every 2 weeks or so. Off to the rat races I must go. Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment